8/21/2009

THE DRUNK MAN

My mom and her boyfriend have left camping last night and will come back at the end of this weekend. When I woke up in the morning, I had a missed call from her and so I called her back. She asked me to go to the bank for her (I’ve been doing this for a week now – a lot of driving which I love) for something. Of course I didn’t resist because I enjoy driving so much. When I parked my car and was walking to the bank, I met a drunk guy on the street. He had a little suitcase with him and was yelling at people (even me) and was saying some rude things about communists. When I walked out of the bank 15 minutes later, he was still there trying to cross the street (and that street is always busy with cars and trams). Suddenly, when I noticed him, he fell down and his suitcase fell like 5 meters away from him. Since he was drunk he couldn’t really stand up by himself. But because he was drunk and yelling at others, nobody was trying to help him!! That shocked me! I was so afraid of him getting hit by a car! I ran into the street, stopped the stupid crazy drivers and helped the man stand up, took his suitcase and walked him across the street. He was trying to tell me he didn’t need any help but… ha! He didn’t thank me when I was walking away but he stopped talking for like 5 seconds and was just staring at me. And then he said (very loud), ‘come back, girl. I need to tell you something about communists!’ But he wasn’t yelling anymore. I just smiled at him and kept walking and he was just staring at me leaving. I felt so sad. I felt so sorry for the man. He was so lonely that the only thing he had in his life was alcohol. And he was trying to talk to people but didn’t really know how to since he probably doesn’t have anybody in his life. I am saying the only thing he had was alcohol. I’m not saying it is God. Because I bet the man has not had even a single opportunity to hear about Jesus Christ in his entire life. And that makes me SO SAD! But it’s challenging also. Thank you, God, for trusting me so much that you put me in this dark country. Thank you for using me and my body and my mouth and my hands for your great work and I pray that you’d keep using me because that’s what I long for. I long for you to talk to people through me. Thank you for the passion I can have for Jesus Christ and for sharing the Good News with people here. I just pray that you’d help me help others.

Oh my love, let me hear your voice come through
I want to know the love inside of You
Make those dark hearts believe in what is true

Each day is a second chance
To make up for what I missed before
I come with empty hands
And a prayer
I’d forgotten who I was
‘til I stumbled through my history
I came to life because you were there

2 comments:

  1. So proud of you! You've no idea how much you are encouraging me through this!

    ReplyDelete