Today is the last day of August.
That means September is right behind the door.
It is 1st September tomorrow.
And September means something.
It means the end of summer.
It means the beginning of a new academic year.
It means that I am leaving soon…
Nobody said it was easy; no one ever said it would be so hard… ~Coldplay
Last Christmas, when I was in Northern Ireland I started thinking about next year. I decided I wanted to take a year off. I started thinking about going to Saintfield for that year. But I was not sure yet.
I applied for universities and promised God that if I did not go straight to school in October, I would spend the year in Northern Ireland .
When all the entrance university exams were over in June and it was time for me to leave for NI for the summer, I made the decision to really take a gap year.
I needed to breathe.
I needed time.
I needed to know what I wanted to study.
I needed to learn more about ministry.
And in July I booked the flight.
I booked the flight for September.
I booked the flight that says I will see all my Saintfield friends every week for a year.
I booked the flight that says I will live with Paul, Valerie, Erin and Talitha.
I booked the flight that says I will be cold for a year, constantly!
I booked the flight that says I will learn so much about youth ministry.
I booked the flight that says I will have a tough but beautiful year.
But also the flight says something else…
It says I will not see my youth group for a year.
It says I will not see my mom or brother for a long time.
It says I will not be here to see every little change in my girls’ hearts.
As much as it is difficult and heart breaking to leave, it is wonderful. Something new is waiting. God is going to show me his faithfulness and love in a whole new level.
My year is totally in His hands.
I do not want to worry about my relationships here at home, for I want to trust Him in everything. I want to trust Him that He wants the best for my life and this year will prove just so. I want to believe that if my relationships here will be the same or even get better, it is because He wants me in Czech, and if they drop, He has a different plan for me.
I want to be OK with everything that will happen.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. ~Jeremiah 29:11
Hello September! I am excited for all the good changes you are going to bring into my life. Please be sensitive and patient, it might take me a little while to get used to them
: )
: )
Beautiful
ReplyDeleteBeautiful
Beautiful
Your attitude, your faith, your trust, you are
Beautiful.
Excited!!!!!!
Love to hear your heart Petra... incredible to see you let God hold you =) So excited for you!
ReplyDelete