1/22/2010

OFF TO THE MOUNTAINS



I am leaving tonight after the youth group to go to the mountains.

I'm spending this weekend at our cottage where I haven't been for a long time now, thanks to school and other stuff.

I am SO thankful to the Lord for this awesome opportunity. I have no school stuff to worry about, I can focus only on Him and His Word! I need that so much.
I find it really difficult to study the Bible properly when going to school. It distracts me so much and I hate it! I know this is something I have to work on this year. I really do.

This weekend I'm taking to only sleep, read and STUDY the Scripture.
I have started this book Forgotten God by Francis Chain which I got from Paul and Valerie as a Christmas present. I only read the introduction and said WOW out loud maybe 3 times! I started the first chapter today and I can't wait to study that book more.

"Jesus says it is better for His followers to have the Holy Spirit. Do we believe Him? If so, do our lives reflect that belief?" John 14:16.

Also what I'm going to do is to prepare some stuff on the book of Ephesians. I am starting this little Bible study with Rachel Tate (see the picture at the top :)) next week and we're starting with it. I am really excited to see how God uses this and deepens our relationships through it. And I love her so much and am looking forward to getting to know her a bit more, too. Sometimes I love that we have the internet! : - )

So, this is my little update before I leave tonight and I will probably write some more stuff while being up at the cottage so will post something next week, too. God's been showing me His amazing faithfulness a lot these  few past weeks and I want to share some of it with you all!

May this weekend be really refreshing for you and may You recognize and worship God in everything you do!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited that you get this time away (also really jealous...which is probably not a good thing! haha!) We should skype this week my love because i miss miss miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete