9/09/2009

THE NI PRESENTATION

I had my first English class last week after the summer. The teacher’s English is bad but she is the only teacher who really cares about her students’ lives. So during the class she’d ask me to read stuff and tell her about my summer a lot (she knew I was in Northern Ireland). I guess she wanted to see if my English is better than it was before I left in May. She even asked me to say something with the Northern Irish accent which made me happy! Ha!
After the class she asked me to come to her office. She told me she can see such a difference in me and she didn’t mean just my English. She told me I have something she knows she’s missing in her life – and to say something like that for Czechs is crazy!! I was so thankful and happy!! And she asked me to prepare a presentation about my time in Northern Ireland – what I was doing there, about the people I worked with, about places I visited. So I did. And I had it last Friday.
It was amazing. I was praying for this a lot and I know Kara was praying at the time the presentation was presented – by me. So basically I shared about the Bowmans, about the church, about the young people, about the youth clubs, about the interns and about the North Coast. And I even got to share about the mission trip.
I was a little bit scared because I know Czechs. And I know my classmates. When you share a lot with them they might think you’re sharing because you want them to be jealous. And they don’t like it – specially my classmates Kate and Arne. They’re always so negative.
BUT God did use it. And after the presentation Kate came up to me and asked me so many questions about Northern Ireland and… GOD! She would always be so rude about me because I believed in God but now we had a 3hours long conversation about Christianity in Czech! And Arne asked me about the Czech mission and the teacher asked me so many questions, too.
I cannot believe how much He’s been using me already! I’ve been praying and asking God to use me in my class this year and that He would open my classmates’ eyes so they can see there’s something different about me. And now, it’s just the second week of school and He has been so amazing and doing great things in my class.
Thank You!!

“Falling on my knees in worship, giving all I am to seek Your face, Lord all I am is Yours”

2 comments:

  1. O my gosh! This is crazy insane!!! I love it! So so incredible! I can see your light shining from here girl! You Rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Petulka, precious story! God is still at Hladnov! He is faithful! Let ur light continues to shine there in Him! Love.

    ReplyDelete